Sticker application is a simple but sometimes challenging process. With cut vinyl especially, you'll need to be extremely careful to ensure the pre-mask pulls the sticker off the backing paper.
Flip Tip: To get the vinyl apart from the backing, flip the vinyl over so that the design is now facing down with the back of the sticker facing up. Slowly peel the backing paper while applying pressure. Sometimes small pieces won't attach to the pre-mask. To fix this, apply pressure back down on the sticker and peel that part again.
- Clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Do not use a glass cleaner because it will leave a residue behind that will prevent the sticker from adhering well.
- Rub a squeegee or credit card firmly across the clear pre-mask to prepare it for application. This ensures the sticker will cling to the pre-mask and removes any air bubbles that may have formed.
- Peel the white paper backing off the sticker. If the sticker clings to the backing, slowly replace the paper backing and repeat Step 2.
- Slowly peel the clear pre-mask off at an angle. Be careful that each piece comes off the backing paper onto the pre-mask.
- Lower the sticker onto the surface, then squeegee from the middle to the edges firmly.
- Pull off the pre-mask.
Tag us in a photo on social media!